The market for biodegradable polymers is expected to have a CAGR of 20.25% over the forecast period (2019-2024). Biodegradable polymers are advantageous over non-biodegradable polymers because they are less toxic, have fewer side effects, contribute to improving patient compliance, and maintain drug stabilization.
– The preference for environmentally friendly polymers to protect the environment and the non-toxic nature of biodegradable polymers promotes market growth.
– Higher prices compared to petroleum-based polymers and low awareness in low-income countries are likely to hinder market growth.
Biodegradable plastics are increasingly being used in niche applications, for example in the shale gas industry (where they are used in hydraulic fracturing), in hygiene products and, inter alia, in fishing equipment. These should be an opportunity for the market in the future.
Request a sample of this report at https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/3585901
Key market trends
Increasing demand from the packaging industry
– Biodegradable polymers are used for rigid packaging of bottles, containers, blisters, etc., as they have no adverse environmental impact. The main challenge for many food and beverage manufacturers is to extend shelf life by improving packaging.
The most important biodegradable polymers used in rigid packaging include PLA and PHA / PBS. They are also used in the production of frozen food trays, containers for dry cosmetics such as face powders and eyeshadows, disposable cups and plates.
– Increasing intervention by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and related food safety organizations is encouraging the use of biodegradable food grade polymers for beverage and snack packaging.
Request for discount at https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/discount/3585901
– In addition, the consumption of biodegradable polymers in the production of bottles and containers is increasing worldwide. The production of bottles and containers takes place more in China, as it is the hub for the production of the main products. Therefore, the consumption of bioplastics is expected to increase over the forecast period.
– They are used in packaging films for food, pharmaceuticals and beverage bottles as well as for packaging non-food products such as napkins and handkerchiefs, toilet paper, diapers, sanitary napkins, cardboard and wrapping paper for food packaging paper, coated cartons for cups, plates and so on.
– All factors mentioned above are expected to dominate the global market over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific dominates the market – In the Asia-Pacific region, countries such as China and India dominate the market.
– China has the world’s largest electronics production base. Electronic products such as smartphones, OLED televisions, tablets, wires, cables, etc. are showing the highest growth in the electronics segment. With the increase in disposable income of the middle class, the demand for electronic products is expected to increase in the near future, driving the biopolymer market forward.
– The Indian market for biodegradable polymers is still in its infancy, with few players on the market. Lower awareness and less stringent environmental quality regulations are impacting the growth of the country’s biopolymer industry. In the face of increasing pollution in cities such as Delhi and Mumbai, people are aware of the importance of using environmentally friendly products.
– Japan has been actively involved in the innovation and development of biopolymers to develop diverse applications of biodegradable polymers in various industries using plastics. Japan, known as the world’s largest innovative country, is at the forefront of technological advances. The country is the third largest automaker and has one of the largest electronics industries.
– The electrical and electronics industry is one of the most important sectors in the ASEAN region. The sector accounts for almost 30-35% of total exports in the region. Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam are the major production centers for electrical and electronic products in the world market.
The market for biodegradable polymers is partially fragmented. As far as market share is concerned, no single player holds a larger share and currently only participates in the production of fewer products. Major players in the biodegradable polymer market include BASF SE, BIOTEC GmbH & Co., Cardia Bio Plastics Limited, Cortec Group, DowDuPont, Merck, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, NatureWorks LLC and Novamont SpA.
Reasons to Purchase This Report:
– The Excel Excel
Marketsheet (ME) – Report customization to customer’s needs
– 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
1.1 Study results
1.2 Study assumptions
1.3 Scope of the study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Favoring Environmentally Friendly Polymers to Protect the Environment
4.1.2 Requirements for Non-degradable Polymers in Many Countries
4.1.3 Consumer Awareness in Developing and Developing Countries
4.1.4 Non-Toxic Properties of Biodegradable Polymers
4.2.1 Higher price compared to
petroleum-based polymers 4.2.2 Low level of awareness in low-income countries
4.3 Industrial value chain analysis 4.4.2
Porters’ Five Forces
analysis 4.4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2 Consumer bargaining power 4.4.3 Threat of new ones
4.4.4 Threat of replacement products and services
4.4.5 Competition level
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 polylactic acid (PLA) 5.1.3 polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA)
5.1.4 Polyester (PBS PBAT and PCL)
5.1.5 cellulose derivatives
5.2 .3 electronics
5.2.6 Other applications
.1.4 220.127.116.11 South Korea Other Asia-Pacific
5.3. 2 North America 18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe 5.3.4 Rest of
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 Rest of world
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and acquisitions
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a central aid to all your market research needs. We have an extensive database of reports from the world’s leading publishers and authors. We specialize in providing customized reports according to the needs of our customers. We have complete information about our publishers and are therefore confident that the industries and sectors of their specialization are accurate. This helps our customers to understand their needs, and we create the perfect market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager –
Customer Care 4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, United States
Phone Number : +1 (972) -362-8199; +91 895 659 5155